Catalogs and Databases
With your library card you have access to the resources that will help you find what you're looking for:
Merlin is the shared catalog of NWLS member libraries. With a library card patrons can directly request, renew, and can check the status of items either checked out or on hold.
The Wisconsin Public Library Consortium (WPLC) offers an OverDrive catalog (and a version for youth) of downloadable ebooks, videos, music and audiobooks that can be reserved and/or checked out on your library card. To get started, click on the OverDrive Help link.
WisCat is the Wisconsin library catalog that can be browsed when the Merlin catalog doesn't have what you're looking for. Contact the library to request items from WisCat.
WorldCat is a worldwide catalog of library collections that includes more than 67 million bibliographic records with items in many different formats. Patrons can access this database at any library or at home with a user-friendly search page.
Ancestry Library Edition is an extensive library genealogy research tool. Access is limited to in-library use. Promotional and training materials are available.
BadgerLink offers Wisconsin residents access to business, health, literature, magazines, newspapers, auto repair, and science and technology resources, and many are available in full-text. Magazine coverage ranges from the popular to the academic. For more information about the EBSCO databases in BadgerLink, visit the online support center. If you are unable to access any BadgerLink database, log in using the Library Card Access page. Instructional guides and training materials are available to help you explore some of the valuable BadgerLink resources.
- Auto Repair Reference Center - Repair manuals for most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles, with repair information for most vintage makes starting as far back as 1954.
- Consumer Health Complete - Includes more than 200 health and wellness reference books and encyclopedias, thousands of health reports, drug evaluation sheets, videos, pamphlets and other documents.
- HeritageQuest - Research ancestors and historical sources dating back to the 1700s.
- MasterFILE Premier- A general reference database with nearly 1,700 publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Accessed in BadgerLink's Database List.
- NoveList - A readers' advisory database with over 150,000 fiction titles, and over 4000 custom created articles and lists. Access Feature Articles, BookTalks, and Book Discussion Guides along with Author Read-alikes, Readers' Advisory training content and a variety of other reader materials.
- NoveList K-8 - A readers' advisory database for grades K-8 with collection of titles, BookTalks, Recommended Reads book lists and more.
- TeachingBooks.net - Thousands of resources for k-12 multimedia fiction and nonfiction reading activities for educators, librarians, students and families supporting language arts, book clubs, art educators, social studies and much more.
- LearningExpress Library is a learning center for people of all ages and education levels interested in acquiring extra skills for school or work.